You may notice I've stuck a few more labels on certain posts. I'm doing this so I can keep track of my frequency of eating several foods, and compare my perceptions to my actual records. For instance, I had the impression that I was maybe going overboard on the chocolate, having it practically every day -- it turns out I'm not, and that it's really only a couple times a week. On the other hand, applying the labels made me realize that I ate beef every day for a week, which is maybe okay but is not great on the variety. Right now I'm tracking my consumption of eggs, beef, chocolate, cheese (but not small amounts, half an ounce or less, sprinkled onto something), and nuts -- the latter two because they can really torpedo weight loss on a low-carb diet, and while weight-loss isn't a primary goal, I have been shedding some and would just as soon not bring it to a halt carelessly. And days when I exceed my limit of 50g carbs get a CARBFEST tag; so far these have all been birthday-cake related.
There are some other labels I use. Every food diary entry has a "diary" tag, so if someone wants to view just those and not the other blathering, they can. Posts where I go off on an extended discussion of something are labeled "lecture." And posts like this one, where I talk about what I'm doing with the blog itself or adjustments to my eating plan, get a "metadata" tag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment